A Guide to Take Care for the First Time of Parents
- Wash your hands (or use a hand sanitizer) before handling your baby.
- Be careful to support your baby's head and neck.
- Be careful not to shake your newborn, whether in play or in frustration.
- Make sure your baby is securely fastened into the carrier, stroller, or car seat.
- Keep in mind that your newborn isn't prepared for rough play, like being jiggled on the knee or thrown into the air.
- the umbilical cord falls off and the navel heals completely (1-4 weeks)
- the circumcision heals (1-2 weeks)